Contributors

Turning 30, Becky's Right of Passage :)

I was so overwhelmed at my birthday! In fact, I've been overwhelmed for like two weeks knowing it was coming. It arrived yesterday and I had to work real hard to just keep my cool. I really didn't want to turn 30. But the celebration, the encouragement, the love so helped!!!



It was such a special birthday and the great way to mark the start of a new decade. I am SO SO SO SO thankful for all the love in my life & simple ways people encouragement and touch my heart! So many birthday blessings, but the greatest of all is the people in my life.

Matt was incredible-- was able to get videos from friends from all areas of my life.


  • My family who I met when I was born :)-- my mom and sister! 
  • My friend Bridget who I met when I was 14 at Camp Onomia over a conversation over giant black ants!
  • My friends Sheena & Katie who I met as a junior in High School when God blessed me with Youth Alive. 
  • My nephew Peyton who I saw come into the world January 1999. 
  • My friend Sarah B who I met at BSC in January 2001.
  • Of course, Matt who I met also in January of 2001 at a very random gathering of people. 
  • My in-laws Jo, Rick & Rika I met in the Fall of 2001 when I started dating your son/ brother. You still haven't gotten rid of me :)  
  • My friend Sarah P, my very first friend when we moved to Minneapolis in 2002. 
  • And my friend Alissa A.-- who was Matt's friend in high school and has been a great friend of mine! 
  • My friend Alissa F., who I went to Northwestern College with-- Public Relations Majors!!
  • My daughter Zoe who I have the pleasure to mother & met in 2005.
  • My friends in Bakersfield- Jan, Erin, Barb, David, Becky, Bernie- who we meet in 2007 when we moved here!!
  • My daughter Sophia who I also have the pleasure to mother & met in 2009. 


(Alissa & Katie, sorry your videos weren't compatible, I got to see them and loved them with all my heart!!!)

I am so thankful for this gift. Thank you to everyone who participated. I'm in a season where I really needed some encouragement and it really did a number on my heart to hear from everyone in ways I've touched their lives. In addition to those who helped with the video, thank you so much to all who came to eat cake & watch the video premiere! and thank you for all who took time to call & write to wish me a happy birthday! I sure love you all!!!!! Who wants a hug??



No comments: