Contributors

5 Sweet Blessings (from this last year)

I'm enjoying a night of reflecting and decompressing. Oooooh, it's so good. I am an internal processor, so I am at my best when  I have my quiet alone time.

We've had a good year! Was looking at my pictures and many blessings quickly flowed into my mind. We've added some great blessings to our life this last year!!


1) Having my nephew & sister here!




It has been such a privilege to make many memories with them this last year. It was a gift to have them live with us for awhile!! It was so valuable to share space with them, share meals with them, share memories and laughter. I loved what I learned in the spans of their time living with us... to be organized in my cleaning and cooking. It was a good season!

Pictured to the right is Peyton & Zoe in 2007. I am in awe of how much they grow and change in such a short period of time. It makes me want to savor each day more and more and know what a gift it is to love on my kids-- and am thankful to love on my nephew as well!

2) Our mini van!

Seriously, how did we ever manage with one car? With our growing family, we would've had to have found a bigger vehicle. We didn't have the financials for a new car, so we thank God when one fell out of the sky. The timing was perfect that Matt's parents no longer needed their van. We are so humbled (still) by their generosity. It's been a year and it's one of the greatest gifts in our life right now. It's becoming our home-on-the-go equipped with snacks, activities, first aid, maps and more. I am enjoying and owning the mini van life! Love our van!

3) Ariana


My soul sister Ariana and her family moved to Bakersfield this fall. It was a short season in Bakersfield, but it was such a gift!! She was a great friend when we lived in Minneapolis. And even though their season was short in Bakersfield, I treasured the handful of times we spent together!! Until we meet again.

4) Winter Garden


Somehow playing in the dirt makes me really happy. Proactive thinking also makes me happy. So the combination of those two things made this winter garden a very happy thing. Only about 1/3 of our plants actually survived, but it was a wonderful family project. I am already excited to plot and plan next year's garden. Gardening in CA is a totally different world, so it's taken a few years to get the hang of it. but the best time to grow here is the winter. I have some great tools under my belt so I think next year's garden will be even better. 

5) Change


Change is good, though it doesn't always feel like it. Life is mixey-- wonderful too. This year, we had much change. We added Maddie to our family and she is already 5 months. Sophia is communicating well but has been eternally potty training. Zoe lost 3 teeth (2 to oreos), graduated 1st grade and is on to 2nd.. We celebrate 10 years of marriage this summer. We will have been in Bakersfield 5 years next month. Relationships change-- some grow distant, others deepen. Change is constant and imminent. Our lives are sweet, but they are also hard. We choose to face each day with a smile. We choose to face each day with love. We choose peace, hope and faith. Every day changes. Every day has it's challenges. Every day is a choice, but every day is good. 


Enjoy the journey! 

No comments: