Contributors

If your name is _________, make some noise!

I had the BEST day today.

I think it was that-- for once, it was absent of noise. One of our kids was away for the day. And because of that, there was no whining and no fighting. (When you take away one, the other doesn't want to whine on their own.)

I'd like to try to find some ways to cut the noise down. We have an "if-then" chart (which states what behavior will have which consequence).

  • If, Unattentiveness (Specifically to parents): Then, Loses a Media Ticket
  • If, Unloving (Like Fighting): Then, Loses a Possesion
  • If, Rude (Like Yelling in the House): Then, Time Alone

But the consequences alone don't seem to prevent any of these noisy things. Oh. I want a peaceful home.  One with helping, listening, loving attitudes and no whining or complaining. Is that just a pipe dream or can it happen? I'm game to try to see how we can have less noise. I'll be searching Amazon for books on the topic (but recommend 'em if know a good one), and seeking out others to see what has worked in their home (has anything worked in yours?).

Now, make some noisssssssssssssssse!

No comments: