Contributors

Zoe's Yummy In My Tummy soup (aka the barf bowl)

Last week Zoe wanted to cook something with her daddy. We've done this before. You know the drill, I make cookies, and Zoe helps with dumping chocolate chips and stirring, that kind of thing. This particular morning was different. This time, Zoe had her own recipie in mind. I figured, ok, well lets see where this goes.

Daddy - What are the ingredients?

Zoe - Well, first you need ice cubes.

This was a good sign. We've made smoothies before, I figured she was going along those lines. The thought passed abruptly as she told me the next essential ingredient.

Zoe - Then, we need Teddy Grahms. (they also had to be the chocolate ones)


At this point I have not totally ruled out that this could be some kind of smoothie, but perhaps with a different definition than I'm used to. However, I'm starting to think I should have asked exactly what the end result would be before I told her I'd make it.

Zoe - Aaaannnnnd....*a hard look of concentration on her face* Hotdogs!


My first response was to laugh out loud. That one really caught me off guard. My second thought was 'dear God, please don't let this be a smoothie.'


Daddy - Is that all?

Zoe - Yup!


Daddy - How do I make it?


Zoe - first, you need to cut up the hotdog, then cook it.


I was too far involved now, there was no going back. With 50% amusement and 50% regret, I slice up the hot dog and fry it up on the stove. By Zoe's instruction, the ice cubes went into a bowl. Then the Teddy Grahms, followed by the sliced hotdog. We were finished.


Zoe - wait, there is one more thing.


Uh oh. As it turns out, what I thought was simply a strange dish, was actually supposed to be a soup. What makes it soup? Well strawberry-kiwi crystal light of course! She poured in a coup of the drink. I tried with minimal success not to gag as I asked


Daddy- What do you call this?


Zoe - Yummy in my Tummy Soup.


Indeed. I looked at it again, the teddy grahms were disintigrating into a brown mush in the juice, which was also turning even more watery as the warm hotdogs melted the ice cubes. Becky refused to even look at it, as simply hearing our discussion was enough to make her turn a few shades of green.

So the big question. Did she eat it? In short, yes. She couldn't eat the ice cubes, but ate every single piece of juice-soaked hotdog. The Teddy Grahms were no longer distinguishable, but no doubt the mush of their bodies was also consumed as a part of the mix.

And now for your viewing pleasure, I give you Yummy In My Tummy Soup.















No comments: