Contributors

Fear

I realized last week that fear has totally seeped into my life!! This ephipany made me want to shake myself out of my comfort zone bad-- and mess myself up with taking more risks!!  Too much fear, not enough faith. I had the opportunity to act on my decision right away. Matt challenged me to ride our new scooter. I resisted at first, but then sped off into the sunset and felt free and alive and good. I also threw in a run through sprinklers. I throw water in my comfort zone's FACE! ♥

I find the responsibility as parents to be HUGE. I never want to be caught in an unhealthy spot because I don't want our kids to follow that lead. They are always watching, always observing who we are and what we do. What a compliment and how freaking scary at the same time!!


Watching Zoe at her swim lessons the last few weeks made me realize even more how fear had become a factor in my heart. First off, i don't think I am equipped to know how to teach our daughter how to swim properly and it was so a reminder that it's such a blessing to have other honorable people teach our children from their expertise. But I think I have held her back in the water because I have not wanted her to get hurt in any way.

They are messing up this whole idea of fear and just getting her all over in the water. They are teaching her skills to dive down & paddle in the deep water. Sometimes, I still want to jump in and tell her to only stay where she can touch or to just doggie paddle, but then I realize that idea is insane and the reality is that she is getting better with each lesson. She is learning tools that will give her the ability to withstand deep water.

And doesn't God do that for us? Doesn't His Word give us that strength? You never read promises that we have it easy, but that He'll never leave us... that He's given us the things we need. And that's what I choose!

No comments: