Contributors

Eating Soup with a Fork, one of many reasons to laugh

I'm sitting here eating my lunch- left-overs from last nights dinner. It was my attempt to make chicken noodle soup. I didn't use a recipe and think I did fairly well ... save for my most serious mistake of using the most inappropriate noodles: way too many, thick and long. . I call it noodles with water slop... and I have to eat it with a fork.
So many of these things happen in my daily life. For instance, the other day I was making jam thumbprint cookies. The recipe called for parchment paper beneath the cookies. Thinking it was the same as wax paper, I continued and the cookies we're looking beautiful... until I tried to remove them. I was only able to save 6 of the 2 dozen cookies.

I choose to laugh at these moments... or at least try. If I didn't, I would be losing time, energy, money & the joy of that moment.

Here are some of the things I plan to attack over the next few weeks will document as many as I can:
  1. String popcorn garland for the birds
  2. Cut paper snowflakes for the windows
  3. Drive around and look at the lights.
  4. Make colorful paper chains to hang
  5. Watch as many Christmas movies as we can-- already watched ELF & The Very 1st Noel
  6. Have the girls decorate the backs of our Christmas cards
  7. Make a dough ornament together to symbolize this year for your family.
  8. Celebrate the meaning behind the traditions
  9. Make sugar plums.
  10. Play holiday music nonSTOP
  11. Wear jingle bells while hanging around the house
  12. Play games together (board, WII, kids).
  13. Read the original Christmas story.
  14. Go outside and find the North Star and talk with the kids about what it must have been like way back then
  15. Take the kids to see Santa (we did last Friday. See Zoe's Santa letter in previous post. She was so adorable!!)

No comments: