Contributors

A Year in Review



It feels too simplified to write a short summary of our year when there's so many adventures and so much to celebrate. So, take a few moments and enjoy our year in review!!

Of course, our big news this year is that we added a new member to our family, Sophia Justice!! She is now 8 1/2 months old & growing quickly. She rolls from one side of the room to the other, but no crawling yet. She loves to spray with her tongue, but it makes quite a mess when she's eating. She & her sister have a special bond... and no one can make her laugh quite like her sister!!


Zoe will turn 5 next month-- where has time gone? This last year was a big one for her. She learned to write, started preschool, chopped off 8 inches of her hair and many more leaps and bounds. Spending a lot of time with her, we've tackled a lot of fun things together like learning to make oragami paper boats and tongue twisters. Love it!! Zoe is sweet and giving... and she's a really good friend.

Matt has had lots of adventures this year. He had a blast when he went to Comic-con for the first time in July. He continues to enjoy his radio work... especially when he can be creative & fun. He also celebrated one year of Level 6 radio in August. (I can brag on that. He really is brilliant in his creative ventures! I'm constantly amazed.) Matt started training in martial arts when we first moved here, and is now an assistant instructor. By the end of this month (December), he will have finished teaching his first class in Yakzir Maka.

I am extremely thankful for all the blessings in my life as well. I am really loving my job at Life Journey Christian Church. I love building creativity, community & communications at our church, but I'm also happy that it's flexible within our life. One of my favorite things I do is a bi-monthly coffee & music night where we encourage people to decompress by art, journaling & conversation. It's been a blast advocating for artists & helping people connect. This year I also started my own etsy store selling record clocks and I also worked awhile with Solorzano Photography doing promotions work (that's where my great photos come from!). I've become more and more of a committed scrapbooker. I love telling my family's story & knowing that we can look back on it in future years is very meaningful.

This has been a year to remember in many ways. We did some traveling-- to Michigan for my brother Andrew's wedding (on which we were able to go also to WI & MN), I traveled with the girls to ND, we made several trips to the coast & to the mountains near us, had the opportunity to see some of the cool stuff in L.A. We also loved that many of our family members made it out here to visit this year! We continue to grow closer and laugh as a family. We love seeing Zoe develop her humor and creativity (however, imagination also works for creative cover ups-- not as fun). It's so fun to see Sophia grow & learn. We are often singing or sparring at home or we snuggle up with our tv blanets watching a favorite family movie. We love taking walks around home or finding some way to discover together and adventure. And every year we grow more and more in love with tacos... and Jesus.

Happy new year everyone! Hope it is full of fresh eyes, hope & growth. Love you!!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

beautiful photos! i loved the little movie! love you guys!