Contributors

Inspiring Redcloud/ Becky's BD Song


RedCloud to me
               Oct 7 (1 day ago)
Happy 30th Becky! Very few times in my life am I inspired by someone elses idea, but the act of writing and recording that song inspired me to do my "own" birthday song! And its one of the most downloaded songs off of my new album, (mcredcloud.bandcamp.com) "birthday suit" ... I perform it at every show- so I'd like to thank YOU!
Matt was amazing for my 30th. One of the things he did was commission one of the most talented MC's out there, Redcloud, to co-write & record a song for me for my birthday. Redcloud liked the way the song turned out so much that my song actually inspired the song "Birthday Suit" on his most recent album. You can listen at the link above... but do note, it will make you blush. My version, below, still has a few blush-worthy notes, but nothing like the song on his album. My song is super fun... Matt & Redcloud included many fantastic memories. LOVE IT!!


Memories:
"said you wanted a Kitten Farm one day when you grew up"
  • Matt knows when i was a little girl, i dreamed of one day being a farmer... a kitten farmer.


"you surprise me like the corn inside y bowl of Ramen noodles"
  • When we were first married, I made dinner called "Ramen Surprise." Still one of Matt's favorites to this day. The surprise? Corn.


"Manchild is rolling inside his pendleton"
  • For matt's 30th, I commissioned Manchild, another AMAZING artist to write & record a personalized song for Matt


"since i pulled a table and two chairs out of my GMC van"
  • As friends before we started dating, I used to meet matt for lunch on break from work. One day, we just ate lunch in a parking lot. I thought it was so cute when he pulled out chairs from his van for seating. i thought he thought of everything, really he just had chairs he acquired in his van!


"like driving in New Zealand... now we're stuck at the top..."
  • In 2004, we took a missions trip to Australia & New Zealand. We ended up driving  15-passenger vans throughout New Zealand. On the first day driving, we drove to the top of a park to sight-see. It was so windy and the driving experience scary, we didn't want to drive back down EVER!!


"I'll break the law to walk behind a frozen waterfall"
  • In 2006 on a date, we had an incredible experience to see Minnehaha Falls frozen. We did hop the fence, and went behind teh frozen waterfall-- an experience we'll never forget!




Thank you Matt again for blessing me with an AMAZING birthday & many wonderful years together! 

No comments: