Contributors

God uses children to grow parents

I was having a very peaceful little time this afternoon while Zoe was "resting." And I should know better. Usually there's an eerie silence ... where it's TOO quiet & usually that's when is something is up. Well today I was just hoping she was asleep & I thought how great since I was getting a lot done. Almost the full hour had passed & I stopped to go get something in my room. There she was, playing in the dirty mop water with an easter egg & squirt gun. So I have to stop & think how I will react in this situation. I know really her wanting to play is sweet, but it's not what she was supposed to be doing. She knew that wasn't the right thing to do & that was enough- she started crying. After some time in her room, she came out to say sorry. It's times like these where I think God gave us Zoe to help US grow. Sure we are gifted with her to help her grow, but sometimes I feel I have grown more than her these 3 1/2 years! Being mom has simplified & deepened me. You know what I'm saying?

No comments: